Block 2 of the Layer Cake Quilt Along

Here's Block 2 of the Moose on the Porch 2010 Quilt Along. This block was designed by Vickie Eapen of http://www.spunsugarquilt.com/.






I really like this quilt along. The blocks are beautiful and the directions are really clear and easy to do. At first, I wasn't sure if I would have the time to get these blocks done, but so far so good.

I also received and put together Block 6 of the FatQuarter Shop Mystery BOM. This block is named "Hung by the Fire" and was designed by Barbara Groves and Mary Jacobson. This BOM program is amazing! The blocks are pretty, easy and the directions clear. Also, they send you lots of fabric for each block (in case you make mistakes)... so I'll have lots of scraps to play with!


I also got to work on my new project this weekend... finished all the blocks and am now sewing them into rows. If all goes well, I may be able to post a picture of an "almost finished" quilt top when I get back from the cottage Sunday night.

That's it for now! Talk to you all later!

Comments

  1. Hey Izzy! Love your Layer Cake block! I haven't done mine yet. Thanks for the inspiration! Your new BOM block looks great too. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment