Weekend Finishes

I am feeling so lazy today - it was extremely hard to get up this morning to go to work, it was hard to clean-up the kitchen after dinner and it was REALLY hard to fold all of the laundry that D washed today.  And so once all of those jobs were done, it was very tempting to just sit my butt down on the sofa and watch Oprah's interview with the cast of Roots.  (Can you believe it's been 35 years already?!)

But I knew I had to post my weekend finishes tonight so here I am with all of the goodies I got done.

My goal was to finish up Baby Lattice Quilt - big checkmark next to that one:


I also wanted to prepare the quilt sandwish for Two Percent - unfortunately, this did not happen.  When the younger kids are both with us on the weekend, their "playroom", which is also my sewing room, looks like a tornado hit it.  So no floor space on which to lay down the backing and put all the pins in the quilt.

Finally, my last goal was to start a new project.  Done!



This small quilt measures 21" x 21" and will sit proudly on top of one of the end tables in the living room in the city.  I finished the top, basted it and even started quilting before I had to pack it up for the weekend.  I'm hoping to complete another identical quilt next week, for the other end table and then start on a table runner for the coffee table.

On top of the quilting accomplishments, I managed to make a wonderful beef stew in the slow cooker, a delicious vegetable and lentil soup:



And some raspberry bread (really yummy!):


So another productive weekend!

That's it for now.  Talk to you later.

Comments

  1. Yummy food and beautiful quilts :-) Your Baby Lattice Quilt and your block are wonderful. Good job getting your post done and resisting the TV. It's not easy to do after a long day, I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice baby quilt and yummy looking food! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lattice quilt is so beautiful :)
    The food looks delicious.. mmmm raspberry bread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to use a swoon block!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment