Girly Square-in-a-Square all done!

I had a great weekend at the cottage.  Got lots of sewing done and managed to exercise!  I took the dog for a couple of long walks... he just loves walks in the country - all kinds of different scents, lots to look at and many, many small animals to chase!

Bronx relaxing after a nice long walk.
On Saturday, I got working on my Girly Square-in-a-Square lap quilt and finished the top in just a couple of hours!  I've got the fabric for both the binding and back all ready and might actually get the whole thing quilted next weekend... maybe!  :-)





If you have a Jelly Roll lying around, you can either use a whole Jelly Roll and match the strips in pairs of 1 light and 1 dark or use just a half of a Jelly Roll (20 strips) and cut 20 more strips from a neutral solid.  From each strip, cut 4 - 6 1/2 " rectangles and 6  - 2 1/2 " squares.

For the dark blocks, sew a 2 1/2 " dark square to either side of a 2 1/2" neutral/light square.  Then sew one 6 1/2" dark rectangle to the top and to the bottom to form a square.  For the light/neutral blocks, do the opposite!  Arrange your blocks in rows, alternating the dark and light squares and then sew them up!  That easy!  You can speed up the whole process by chain-piecing the squares.  My top finishes at approx. 48" x 60".

On Sunday, I got working on Two Percent and everything went so well, I managed to quilt most of Block 2!

And how was your weekend?

Comments

  1. I really like the lap quilt! It came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It looks great :-) You figured it all out too! Very clever use of a "leftover jellyroll". It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty quilt and great use of leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty quilt! I love all the colors. This looks like a great way to use up all those jelly rolls I've been hoarding!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment