Thursday, March 8, 2012

TNT Thursday - My First Tote Bag

I've been wanting to make myself a tote bag forever...  But I had never made a bag before and a lot of the tutorials I found in blogland just seemed too complicated for me so I kept searching.  Well...  I'm sitting at the cottage on Saturday, sipping a coffee and just looking around when I found the PERFECT tutorial for a tote bag on FairyFace Designs.  The tutorial is actually from Leanne who was guest-blogging over at FairyFace Designs.

All you need is 18 charm squares and some lining fabric.  So I chose Blueberry Crumb Cake by Blackbird Designs for Moda and got to work.

A couple of hours later, I had my very first bag:



And I love it!  I liked it so much and it was so easy to make that I've decided to make a bunch of them for Mother's Day this year.  It's perfect for books, knitting supplies, shoes, lunches, whatever!  I'm super excited about this tote bag!  :-)

So excited in fact that I decided to link up at Happy Quilting for T.N.T. Thursday!





And what have you tried this week?


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful bag, I'm sure you'll be making more now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I'm glad you found a design that you like / felt like you could make , it really looks great! I like making totes, bags & I'm due for a new one. I'll check out the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scrappy quilts on your header. Cute fabrics and color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just gave you a Liebster award. http://colormequilty.blogspot.com/2012/03/woohoo-ive-been-awarded-liebster.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tote bag!!! So fun and yes, I can see how it would perfect for so many things :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bag is lovely! You did a great job taking the picture too :-) Congrats on your first bag! What have I tried?........bias binding, again. I did a post about it yesterday. This method is easy, yet tricky at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS