Wednesday, March 28, 2012

W.I.P. Wednesday

I decided to include my knitting and crochet WIPs this week because I don't quilt all week and I'm enjoying knitting and crochet so much I'm starting projects like crazy, but having a really hard time finishing them!  And it's so funny because I'm the same way at work.  I love starting new projects, I get all excited about brainstorming ideas, getting the project plan done and then putting prototypes and storyboards together.  But then when the projects starts to slow down a bit or when I hit a bump in the road, I get a little discouraged and it takes a lot for me to stay focused on the job and get the project finished.

At work, I don't really have a choice, I have to finish the projects I work on.  I probably wouldn't keep my job for very long if I can`t finish what I start.  But with my hobbies, it's almost as though I give myself permission to "quit" on a project.  I have quilt tops that have been sitting in a drawer for over a year waiting to become a finished quilt, I have BOM blocks that have been waiting for me to sew them up for months and months.  And now I seem to have transferred this nasty habit onto my knitting and crochet!  Not good.

I hope to have all my quilting WIPs finished during 2012 and I'm now also going to keep track of my knitting/crochet WIPs as well.

Sewing WIPs:

I completed the March Schnibbles (the top only) this weekend.  You can read about it here.  I also made my very first zipper pouch this weekend, but more on that tomorrow.

Completed projects:  1 (zipper pouch)
In progress:  10 (most of which need a backing, some quilting and binding!)
New projects:  1 (zipper pouch)

Knitting/Crochet WIPs:

I started this pillow cover weeks ago to go with the Granny Square baby blanket I made.  But I ran out of yarn in those colours so need to get more.  I plan on using this tutorial to complete the pillow cover.



Next, is a sweater I started for myself months ago... probably more than a year ago!  This is a super easy pattern I found in a book I own.  The colour is a soft pink and I'm using cotton so it should be perfect for this summer... If I can get it finished!



And finally, I started working on a new granny square blanket last week.  I picked some vibrant colours for this one and I'm using Sugar 'n Cream 100% cotton.  So far, I'm loving it!



Completed projects:  0
In progress: 3 (all listed above)
New projects: 0

Linking up at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!  If you have a minute, go and check out what else is happening in blog land!






6 comments:

  1. love those wonderful granny squares! I'm making a big pile myself, out of all my leftover bits of sock yarn. It's such a satisfying square to make...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying those granny squares. I'm a quilter, too but I love crocheting granny squares! I need to do a post about them! Your quilts in your header are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can definitely crochet a little owl, if you can do that. Your blogging friend! Sew Incredibly Crazy Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never managed to figure out knitting, but I recently took up crochet. Your granny squared are awesome! I can't wait to try something like that, so far I've stuck to one colour....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects and isn't it neat that you don't have to finish them all in a certain order! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really great project work.It look so beautiful and inspire work.I really enjoy this art and creations.It look so fabulous.

    promotional bags

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS