July Recap and WIP Wednesday

A two for one post today! 

First, a look back on July.  July is usually a pretty quiet month for me in the sewing area because this summer month is all about family parties, BBQs and enjoying the beautiful weather.  And July 2012 was no different!  I really wasn't all that productive this month.

1.  Decoy in Vintage Modern (July Schnibble)
2.  The Fat Quarter Shop Mystery Designer BOM (July)
3.  Ruffle Zipper Pouch
4.  Birdhouse Welcome in Blueberry Crumbcake

Like I said, not much going on here in July.  I'm taking 2 weeks off in August and will be spending most of that time at the cottage so I'm hoping for some serious sewing.  I plan on finishing a few WIPs during that vacation so if all goes well, the August mosaic will be huge!

Linking up at Lily Quilts for Fresh Sewing Day:

Lily's Quilts

Now, today is Wednesday, so that means WIP Wednesday!  This past weekend, all that happened really was the quilting and binding of Birdhouse Welcome so the stats are:

In progress:
- 241 Tote bag (pieces are cut - need to sew them together)
- Afghan (ends are all done! and 35 squares are complete)

Completed projects:
- Birdhouse Welcome

New projects:
- None

Also linking up at Freshly Pieced:



Izzy

Comments

  1. Sounds like you are a having fun this summer, Izzy! WIshing you lots of sewing during your time off in August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two weeks of sewing...I'm jealous! I love your star quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the star quilt and we all need a break now and then :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your zipper pouch is very cute. Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vintage modern quilt is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a productive month to me! Enjoy your time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your mystery block. I always want to do a mystery quilt, but I am such a chicken and fear I will hate it, so I never do one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment