WIP Wednesday

I love WIP Wednesday!  I love that it keeps me motivated to work on those WIPs and I love to see what everyone is working on.  Other bloggers are such an inspiration to me.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


So what have I been up to this week?  Let's see...

I pin basted The Big EZ and I'll be able to begin the quilting this weekend when I get to the cottage.  I want to try some FMQ designs on that one.  It's for my step-daughter so it won't be too too bad if it's not absolutely perfect.  :-)

Then I finally got around to piecing Row 4 of Lori's Row Along.

Row_Along_Row4

I love those apples, especially the apple cores...  I have to admit they sorta look like Christmas ornaments in that Christmas fabric, but they are cute nonetheless!

Another project I'm working on these days is a Granny Squares quilt.  I started making scrappy blocks a while ago, but I really wasn't crazy about how they looked.  And then I found this tutorial this weekend which uses a Jelly Roll for the blocks.  Right up my alley!

I picked the Little Apples Jelly Roll I had been holding onto for a while now and started cutting my strips.  Once all the cutting is done, the blocks go together super fast!

Little_Apples_Grannies

I'm also working on a new tote bag for myself which should be finished by the weekend.

How about you?  What are you working on this week?

Izzy

Comments

  1. I love your granny squares Izzy! I also made a few scrappy ones last year but they still sit in the UFO pile. My mom brought me back a Jelly Roll from Florida a couple of weeks ago and I am dying to cut into it to make some Granny Squares! I just need to find the right background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought to use a jelly roll for a granny square quilt, great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that row along!! I totally want to make it one day! The grannies look brilliant too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Little Apples granny blocks! It is going to be really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment