June Goal for ALYOF and a Call for Suggestions

A Lovely Year of Finishes


I've decided to take a break from finishing old UFOs for this month and chose Dylan's top as my one finish for June.


I finished piecing this top in May and hope to have it all done and on Dylan's bed by the end of June.

I plan on preparing the quilt sandwich this week and start quilting over the weekend.  The problem is I have no idea how I'm going to quilt this one.  I have to pick designs that are appropriate for a little boy and I don't want to quilt it too heavily because I want it to be soft and snuggly.

Do you have suggestions?

I look forward to hearing your ideas!  :-)

Thanks for stopping by everyone.

Izzy

Comments

  1. Your quilt is really nice. Maybe an all over meandering type design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Izzy, I would probably stitch in the ditch around the coloured boxes, or do a simple small stipple in the blue borders. These both would highlight the different sections and keep the quilting low so it's still soft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about wavy lines the length of the quilt? I look forward to seeing whatever you decide on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh boys! Lighting type, zig zags are awesome for boy quilts. That in the colored and then stitch in the ditch for the join in the sashing. It still crinkles up beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment