A couple of finishes

I've been keeping busy this week in the sewing room! I made myself a skirt, but it is such a disaster, I'll spare you the pictures! :-)

I was a lot more successful finishing up my Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery top. I got lazy in the end though and decided to stick to a plain 3rd border instead of making the pinwheels the pattern calls for.

The binding is going to be red so I think it'll all come together very nicely. I don't think I'll be able to get this one quilted for a while (I just can't tackle another big project right now) so it'll go to the pile of tops for a few weeks.

I also decided to try making a pillowcase to go with my new Two Percent bed quilt. I used yardage of Veranda I had ordered a long time ago and I love it! (Sorry about the really crap photo... Bad weather over here right now!)

I used a tutorial from Twiddletails and it went together super easy and fast!

My sweetie has now asked for his own pillowcase with a blue trim instead of pink. And I'm more than happy to oblige of course.

Linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and TGIFF hosted by Quilt Matters.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Izzy

 

Comments

  1. Nice projects. I love the plain, cream border on the quilt. I really need to remember this, because I always assume that a border should be darker, but I love the way this looks! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt top looks great and I agree the plain border was a good choice, it lets the blocks shine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finish is gorgeous Izzy! I am in love with that setting... it is perfect! I really love it- congratulations. I adore those pillow cases. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt top is beautiful! The plain border looks really nice! It really puts the focus on those beautiful blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the plain border. And the red binding will be really nice. Hopefully it will be better weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love your quilt top, especially with the plain third border -- great call. So glad you linked up with TGIFF!, Izzy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really beautiful quilt top! I like the border choice as well!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt! I love those colors together. Aren't pillowcases fun to make? Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great quilt. I've just done a plain border on the quilt I've just finished. Perhaps we'll start a new trend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh you finished the mystery quilt! It looks fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So that's what my FQS BOM mystery quilt will look like when I'm done. At least, I hope it looks as good as yours! Good for you on finishing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mystery quilt is so cute! I hope you get to quilt it up soon. How many tops are in your pile? :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, I like that white border~! What terrific quilting potential, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your BOM quilt! I have just this week finally made the last block and am hoping to get them all together in the next two weeks while we are on school holidays here in NZ!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The mystery quilt didn't need those extra pinwheels and I like the way it is. Congrats on your finishes

    ReplyDelete
  16. A red binding will look spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nothing lazy about that quilt! Love the colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Your quilts are gorgeous :). And I recognise the fabric on the pillowcase :). Thanks for visiting my blog :). Jenn from Mellycoddle :).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment