Stacks of Colour - A Friday Finish

I finished Dylan's Quilt last night!

The pattern I used is called Stacks of Colour and was designed by Pam and Nicky Lintott (the book is Jelly Roll Dreams). I used one Meadow Friends by Deb Strain jelly roll and some Moda Bella cloud for the background.

The finished size of the quilt is 68" x 88", perfect for a twin size bed.

I quilting big spirals and some wavy lines in the border.

The backing is a super cute farm print from Alexander Henry I think.

Dylan slept under his new quilt last night and that makes me incredibly happy. It is such a great feeling when the people I love fall asleep wrapped in something I made specially for them.

Linking up at Amanda Jean's for Finish It Up Friday and at TGIFF hosted at What a Hoot Quilts this week.

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

Izzy

 

Comments

  1. Nice! It is beautiful. I LOVE the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt! I love the movement the quilting adds to the straight lines of the piecing!
    I love seeing my kids wrapped up in the quilts I made them too! Warms my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful coin quilt! I love the alternating directions. I've only made one coin quilt, and I alternated directions of the coin stacks too. I think it makes it so interesting! I love the spiral quilting!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo! I love the spiral quilting!!!! Super finish. :D So glad you shared it at TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful quilt with a wonderful spiral quilting.
    Have a nice day
    Roswitha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the spiral quilting. Adds such a dimension to the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilting looks perfect! Love it! I think my favorite part of quilting is knowing that I get to make functional, purposeful things for people I love. So awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww what a great feeling. Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quilt and especially the big machine quilting spirals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the quilting! And the thought of your son snuggling under it. My kids do that too. How old is Dylan?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks fantastic! I'm working on one right now as well. I'm 1/2 way through sewing my sets together. I'm using Sweetwater's Noteworthy. I'm planning to quilt it in circles, so it was fun to see yours done in spirals!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment