Star Surround QAL - Cutting

Are you participating in Melissa's fabulous Star Surround QAL? If not, it's not too late as we are only at the cutting stage. Get all the details here! Melissa's instructions are always super clear and easy and there are prizes!

This week's assignment was to get all of our pieces cut and ready for sewing.

I decided to go with the 2 x 2 same fabric layout with 24" blocks. This is what I feel I can keep up with given my crazy busy schedule at work these days.

So here are all of my pieces.

I'm going with Color Me Retro fat quarters for the stars, Kona black for the surround and Kona Snow for the background.

What do you think? :-)

I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday! Over here, we are having a beautiful sunny morning, but there is rain in the forecast... Looks like I'll be spending some time in the sewing room!

Linking up at Melissa's for the Star Surround QAL.

Izzy

 

Comments

  1. Ooo - I think you blocks are going to have fantastic contrast! Can't wait to see what next week brings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've checked this out and while I am interested, I think I have too many irons in the fire to join in. I'm going to enjoy your progress, though! Looks like some great fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should be very interesting, I look forward to seeing what your blocks look like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohhhhh, I love the colors! It should really pop, looking forward to seeing it come together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, the black surround is going to look so awesome around the green and aqua!! Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Melissa. The black contrast will make a stunning quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fabric choices Izzy! Looking forward to seeing this one come together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment