A Lovely Year of Finishes - August Goal

I missed the LYOF July goal setting linky party because I had too much going on and didn't think I would manage to finish anything. Of course, I ended up finishing Dylan's quilt so I should have linked up, but hey!

This month, I am planning on finishing my Scrappy Trip quilt.

The more I look at this top, the less I like it. :-(. I don't like the colours, I don't like the fabrics, and I don't really like the size. It's just not working for me at all.

BUT, I want to finish it for 2 reasons: I am going to use it as practice for FMQ and I want to give at least one quilt to charity this year and I think this might be it. There are a lot of nursing homes where I live and I'm thinking this would be the perfect size to put on someone's lap if they were in a wheelchair.

So there you have it - my LYOF goal for August!

Click on the button on my sidebar to check put everyone else's goals.

Thanks for stopping by!

Izzy

 

Comments

  1. you know, as fall approaches, you might end up liking this quilt better. The colors are very fall-ish, and sometimes it's difficult for me to work on colors in an "off season." Right now, everything is bright and summery, so the colors look different from what's out and about right now. That being said, I really think it is a lovely quilt, and the deeper purple and green are great. I love scrappy trips, and I'm sure that whoever you decide to give it to will love it!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! You don't have to though. If you're not feeling it, you're not feeling it and that's totally ok. Sometimes making things we don't like not only is excellent practice, but it really helps define the things we DO like. Maybe the idea of donating it (which is excellent) will make you feel more attached to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! If you don't like it's okay. Donation is always good. But really like how the pinks and blues pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love your quilt. It makes me want to make one... but I'm sure it wouldn't look as wonderful as yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment