WIP Wednesday: Glimma

I ordered a fat quarter bundle of Lotta Jansdotter's Glimma a while ago with no particular project in mind, just because I loved the prints and the colours. Then a couple of months ago, Elizabeth Hartman of Oh, Fransson! published the New Wave pattern and I knew the Glimma fabric bundle was destined to become a New Wave quilt.

Yesterday was grey and rainy in my neck of the woods so I got started cutting into my beautiful Glimma bundle.

And just a few episodes of The West Wing later, I had this on my design "floor":

It's raining again today... :-)

Linking up at Lee's for WIP Wednesday.

Izzy

 

Comments

  1. HI Izzy,

    I love the design that you came up with. It looks great! Well done.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colors! And the pattern. I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glimma is a perfect choice for this pattern! It is going to be beautiful. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some really great fabric and the design is just right for it. It's going to look good

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is perfect for these prints! I love it and the color blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice use of the bundle. Looks sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that WAS the perfect pattern for those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Lotta prints and I really like how you arranged them dark to light.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks brilliant! Love your gradient of colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wave quilt - that's a really cool design and the fabric really suits it

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! Thanks for the link to the pattern, I might give it a go myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is looking great! Perfect combo of fabrics and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks wonderful!! I love how you've arranged the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Izzy this looks awesome, can't wait to see it finished. That graduated look really is fantastic for Glimma.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect rainy day activity! This one is going to look great finished.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment