2015 FAL - Q2 List

The first quarter of 2015 was very productive for me.  I completed 4 of my 5 goals and even managed to finish some pillows which weren’t on my Q1 list.  For Q2, I’ve got a lot of big goals and will be linking this post up at Adrianne’s for FAL.

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

1.  Grey Crochet Blanket – This one was on my Q1 list and I didn’t quite manage to finish it up, so it’s going on the list again.  With the NHL playoffs coming up, there will be lots of TV time during which I can work on this blanket.  This should get done before June 30.


2.  Secret quilt for Tamara – A fellow MMQG member who designs fabric for Michael Miller asked me if I’d be willing to make something with her new fabric collection coming out this month.  I’ve got the top all done and I started the quilting.  I'm pretty confident I'll be able to complete this within the next week or so.



3.  Lap quilt for Jon – My sweetie’s oldest son Jonathan asked for a lap quilt for his couch a few months ago.  I had a bunch of commitments when he asked, but as soon as those were out of the way, I got started on his quilt.  The top is all done, it is basted so all that is left is the quilting and the binding. I will definitely be done with this one by the end of the quarter.  (This is a photo of the quilt sandwich with the backing on the outside.  I don't think Jon reads my blog, but just in case.)



4.  Bed quilt for Max – My son also asked for a new quilt for his bed.  I made him a quilt a few years ago, but it’s too small for his bed and he really, really wants a quilt for his bedroom.  I started piecing the top already so finishing this up before June 30 should not be a problem.



5.  Bed quilt for me – You might remember I made a Swoon quilt for my bed last year.  Turns out 82” square isn’t big enough for my Queen size bed because the quilt doesn’t hang down low enough (I’ve got one of those super thick mattresses).  So the Swoon quilt is going on our bed at the Island House this summer and now I have to make a King size quilt for our bed in the city.  I will be using this fabulous bundle for this quilt and will most likely use the QAYG method to quilt it and finish it.

6.  Pillows for my bed – I want to make 3 pillows that will match the king size bed quilt.  Hoping I can use the scraps from the quilt for these.  I already have the inserts, but I need to buy zippers for these.



7.  Red and pink crochet blanket – I started this one many months ago as a way to keep my hands busy while we are at the cottage.  It’s also great practice.  I’m almost half way there (the red is almost done) so I’m thinking I can probably finish this one by the end of the quarter also. (I don't have a picture of this one.)

8.  Wall Quilt for the new dining room – There is a major reorganization and re-decorating effort going on at home at the moment.  We moved our youngest to the basement bedroom and decided to turn our old bedroom into a formal dining room.  I have a bundle of Juggling Summer by Zen Chic that I want to turn into a wall quilt for this dining room.



9.  Green Scrappy Quilt – I have to get my scraps under control.  I have bins and bins full of them.  I started making scrappy, wonky log cabin blocks with my green scraps and I hope to have a finished lap quilt within the next couple of months.




That should keep me busy for the next 3 months!

Izzy

Comments

  1. Great list! I can;t wait to see some of the finishes in the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a lot of awesome projects in the works!!! I'm excited to see what you make with your friend's new mm fabric line. It looks bright and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great projects on this list! And good job crossing off things last quarter. I had the hardest time getting things done. I am excited to watch your progress this time too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment