A Finished Runaround Bag for Marianne

A few weeks ago, I signed up for a new Craftsy Class on zippered bags: Zip It Up - Easy Techniques for Zippered Bags with Joan Hawley as the instructor.  I had done a couple of zipper pouches before but I was never really happy with my zippers and never got really consistent results.

The class is really, really good.  Joan Hawley is a good instructor and she demonstrates a bunch of really neat tricks for installing the zippers, finishing seams and pressing your project so it looks professional.  I found that although the patterns are clearly written, you really benefit from watching the class as you work on the bags.  She provides a lot of information in the videos that aren't necessarily covered in the written patterns.

Anyhow, I was itching to make one of the bags, but didn't have any fusible fleece until last weekend.  So this week, I made my very first Runaround Bag.



I used 2 fat quarters from Lizzie House for this bag.  I just love the cats on this Cat Dream fabric and this was perfect for my daughter Marianne who just loves kitties.

The zipper isn't perfect, but it looks pretty good I think!


Making this bag really wasn't difficult at all - I cut all the fabrics one evening before going to bed and I put the bag together in about one hour the following evening.

And here is Marianne modeling the bag for me.


I will be linking up this small finish over at Crazy Mom Quilts and at Quilt Matters for TGIFF.

Izzy

 



Comments

  1. Love it! So perfect made out of that material. Thanks for sharing this project with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS the zipper turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your zipper-y finish! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love! That fabric combination is perfect! So glad you linked up to TGIFF!, Isabelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute bag! Looks like you found someone sweet to model it too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute - great choice in fabric for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love putting in zippers on bags. Once you learn how it gets easier. Love this little bag and your daughter is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The work is great! The fabric really makes it pop. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bag does look very professional. AND your model does a superb job showing it off. Visiting from FIUF.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous and I think your zip looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fabric was a fantastic choice - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Izzy, thanks for the visit and sweet comment on my blog. I have taken a couple of Craftsy classes and really like the format. I love this bag, and Marianne looks thrilled with the results. Probably part of that is your colorful fabric choice and the professional-looking zipper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can't go wrong with cat fabric :) I love the zipper choice too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment