Christmas 2015: The Dog Pillow

During the whole month of December, I plan on making presents.  I decided to make a little something for all the women/girls in the family.  I haven't yet made up my mind as to what everyone is getting, but choosing what to give our son's girlfriend, Anna, was super easy once I saw the Dog Gone Cute pattern by Sew Fresh Quilts.

You see, Anna has a French Bulldog...  And she loves that dog!  

The large version of the block measures 18" x 12" and I have a bunch of 18" pillow forms... perfect!!

I chose some Carolyn Friedlander black crosshatch for the face, some "Good Neighbors" fabric by Amanda Jean Nyberg for the ears, Kona white, black and Ash for the background.

For the quilting, I went with straight lines in a radiating design from the top right corner. 


I made a simple envelop backing with some paw fabric I found at WalMart.  


So that's one down and many, many more to go!  

Later this week, I will be linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Quilt Matters for TGIFF.

Izzy

Comments

  1. Beautiful pillow! I'm sure it will be as loved as the real dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift. I love the cross hatch for the face. And great quilting pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She will love this! Love the quilting! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Great choice of cross hatching fabric for the face :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute doggie! I really like the quilting you added.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect!! That is a super cute pillow and wonderful gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I love the pink in the ears! You have a winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! The little pops of pink in the ears are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, this sweet pup is sure to be adored by Anna. Great gift idea, Izzy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super sweet and oh so cute! Love the paw print used for the backing. Looks like you are also working on pillows for a handmade holiday this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet. And oh, that backing print... I love the effects of the radiating lines. Good luck with the gazillion other projects you have to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cushion is just gorgeous. I do like the Sew Fresh Quilt patterns. Good luck with the rest of your gift making.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment