Christmas 2015: The Geometric Cat Pillow

I finished another one of the Christmas presents I've been busy sewing up this month!  Earlier this week, I shared the Dog Gone Cute pillow I made for Jon's girlfriend Anna.  I figured I would stay with the animal pillows theme for the blog post and introduce you to Charlie, the Geometric Cat.


Charlie is actually the name of my step-daughter Brittany's kitten and he is just the cutest thing in the world.  Brittany's roommate and best friend Camille loves that kitten so I thought making her a pillow with Charlie on it would be a perfect gift.

This is Charlie!  Isn't he adorable?!

I got the pattern over at Quiet Play - I just love her paper-piecing patterns!  I used scraps for the cat, some Kona for the background (Bahama Blue and another blue - sorry don't remember the exact colour) and some Zen Chic for the border.


For the quilting, I used the walking foot and quilted straight vertical lines about 1/2" apart using Aurifil white thread.

The finished size is 18" square.

For the backing, I chose a brown print I had in my stash and made a simple envelope closure.


I'm super happy with this pillow and I hope Camille loves it too!  Now I can't wait until Christmas morning!

I will be linking up this small finish at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Quilt Matters for TGIFF.

Izzy


Comments

  1. Love your Geometric Cat pillow and love your cat, Charlie! He kind of looks like my cat, Lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the prints you used for your pillow, Isabelle! I'm sure Camille will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cute (the cat and pillow both)! I've always got my eye out for paper pieced cat patterns and this one looks like a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'est donc "ben cute" ! J'adore les couleurs choisies pour le chat, le orange et le doré rehaussent toutes les autres. Ça donne le goût d'en faire un semblable (et j'ai aussi le chat gris tigré pour matché avec).

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic pattern and finish. And thanks for showing a photograph of Charlie so we can see how similar the pillow looks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very cool pillow - the cat silhouette is gorgeous against that blue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very cool pillow - the cat silhouette is gorgeous against that blue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute pillow! I love all of the fabrics you combined for the cat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment