FAL Q1 2016

The Finish Along quarterly link-up had undergone a number of changes for 2016.  A bunch of fabulous ladies are hosting the link-ups together this year and although you only link-up at one place, the links will be available for us all to visit at nine different blogs:


FAL 2016

For this first quarter, I have 6 projects on my list:



  1. Granny Squares Blanket:  I started this blanket a couple of years ago... yes - years!  I started joining the squares a few months ago, but it's been sitting in my sewing room ever since.  I would really like to get this thing done before winter is over!  So it's on the list.
  2. Spiraled:  I put the top together last month.  I would really like to finish this one this month.  I need to piece a backing, quilt it and sew the binding on.
  3. Random Plus Quilt:  I pieced this top a few month ago.  I now need to piece a backing, quilt it and sew a binding on.  This quilt will most likely go to the Island House so I'd like to be finished by April.
  4. Baby Heart Quilt:  I found out I'm going to be a step-grandma in April so of course, I'm making a baby quilt.  The top needs to be pieced and then quilted.
  5. Another Random Plus Quilt:  The pieces are all cut up for a matching Plus quilt to go to the Island House.  We have bunk beds and it would be nice for each bed to have a matching quilt.
  6. Orange and Pink Quilt:  I pieced this top during the Fall and I LOVE IT!!  But it now needs to become a quilt!
And that's it!  I ordered batting last night so I'm pretty confident I can have these done in 3 months. I'll have all of the supplies I need so no excuses!

I will be linking up with the wonderful ladies of the 2016 FAL crew!!

Izzy

Comments

  1. What a terrific list and yeah, I'm partial to your spiraled quilt. ;-) What kind of pieced backing are you thinking for it? So glad you're joining us in the FAL - it's slated to be great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your list! The blanket looks beautiful and congratulations on the baby news! I couldn't be without my step dad helping me with my kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great projects. I really like the granny squares and the random plus. Have fun finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the projects on your list! Good luck and thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I see some gorgeous finishes in your future with this list, Izzy! Cheering you on and wishing you some happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your goals. I joined this year. Looking forward to playing along.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment