Scrappy Project #2 - Heart Baby Quilt

Back in September, my step-daughter announced she was having a baby and then in December, we found out she is having a baby girl.

To say that I'm excited is the understatement of the century!  And I immediately started planning a baby girl quilt.  I wanted a scrappy pixelated heart with pink fabric and I went with a grey background.


I carefully chose the pink scraps because I didn't want anything too red.  I really like how those scraps look against the grey.


I quilted it with 50 wt grey Aurifil thread in a cross hatch pattern aiming for the corners of each square.  I really like the look of this and it was very easy to do.

I added one solid pink square in the bottom right corner and added pink to the binding in the opposite corner.





This little baby quilt finishes at about 32" square.  And I'm super pleased with this finish!

I will be linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Devoted Quilter for TGIFF.  And this is project number 4 on my FAL list for Q1.

Izzy

Comments

  1. Love it!! And I love the pink square and little bit of pink binding. I've had a pixelated heart on my wish list for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out super cute! Congrats on the baby to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink looks so beautiful with the grey! I love the bit of pink added to the binding too. Thanks for linking with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for the little girl on the way! What a great collection of scraps for the heart. And I love your crosshatch quilting. Stopping by from TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! How exciting to have the quilt finished in plenty of time to welcome the baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt! The quilting is perfect! And I love the touch of pink in the binding. What a lucky little baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work! It's ideal for a new baby girl, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great design and the quilting is excellent, beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finish, congratulations! Love the extra pink touches on this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great baby quilt! Congratulations on the finish and thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment