Bjorn the Bear for Ava

My sweetie's niece had a baby girl 6 months ago.  But she lives all the way in Edmonton so we haven't seen her yet.  When I found out a few weeks ago that Ava and her mom were coming for a visit this week, I knew I had to make a baby quilt!

I love Elizabeth Hartman's patterns so I decided to make little Ava a Bjorn the Bear quilt.


I pulled nine pink fat quarters from my stash (some Cotton and Steel, some Blueberry Park and other really cool prints), and used Kona Espresso and Kona White for the bears. For the background, I went with Kona Latte.

I needed to finish this one quickly so once again, I went with a big meander.


The backing is a really sweet pink print I purchased a few months ago.


And for the binding, I used a pink stripe which I absolutely love!


Bjorn the Bear finishes at about 44" square.

Will be linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Quilt Matters for TGIFF.


Comments

  1. The bears are adorable. The Latte works great for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is so beautiful. I'm sure it will be cherished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute baby quilt. A wonderful finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is just too cute! That is a lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute!love the photos too ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable, loving the pink bears!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute. Il faut vraiment que je trouve comment me poser une corde quelque part pour prendre des photos qui ont de l'allure...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Great choice on the background fabric to go with the adorable pink bears!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job with fabric selection on this one. Love all the choices, but the backing and the binding are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so adorable! I'm sure it will be a treasured favourite, Isabelle! So glad you linked up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where could I find the pattern for the bear? I know somebody who just loves bears and that would be perfect. Wonderful quilt! Jen (jen.neef@web.de)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment