Chevron Quilt for Anna

Anna is a wonderful, sweet, caring and super funny person who also happens to be my oldest son's girlfriend. According to our son, Anna is constantly "stealing" his quilt when napping on the couch so he requested that I make one for her.  Anna is a hair dresser and she's basically been doing the whole family's hair now for free for six months - the least I could do is make her a quilt!

And I had this quilt in my sketch book for a long time and thought it was time for it to become a quilt.


I used Kona cottons for the whole thing: White, Delft, Cloud and Kumquat for the binding.  I love how this design looks and yet it was so simple - just a bunch of half-square triangles!

For the quilting, I stitched straight lines echoing the piecing in the light chevrons and some flowers in the darker chevron and the top and bottom borders.


The quilt measures about 72" x 60" - perfect size so that Anna can take a nap on the couch without stealing Jonathan's.  :-)


This quilt is number 6 on my Q2 2016 FAL list.

I will also be linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Quokka Quilts for TGIFF.

Comments

  1. The colors are great!!! Your quilting is superb! She will love this!! And if for some insane reason she doesn't, I can send you my address. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design! I especially like the flower quilting in the negative space! I know she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design and colors and Gorgeous quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are great but I love how you changed the quilting to add a different texture to the chevrons. Anna is going to be so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The texture on this quilt is amazing! Your quilting is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure that this is a hit with Anna. I love chevron quilts and the negative space you have left at the top gives it a great feel. Colours are great and love your choice of binding that adds another pop. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like ve the effect the quilting has on this - great choice!!! Congratulations on the finish and thank you for participating in the 2016FAL, on behalf of all the hosts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment