May is for Makers

Last week, Lindsey from LR Stitched, launched a campaign to bring awareness to the work of pattern designers.  In her blog post, she mentions that "the balance between what we expect for free and what we are willing to purchase is way out of whack".  I'm not a pattern designer, and I learned so much from the free tutorials I found on the Internet, that I needed to give back.


May Is For Makers | LRstitched.com

I plan on purchasing a pattern from an independent pattern designer every week during the month of May and encourage you to do the same.

This week, I purchased Broken Frames by Meadow Mist Designs.  Cheryl is a fabulous designer, and extremely generous with her time and talent.  She's hosted quilt-alongs, she's written free tutorials and her designs are modern, creative and super fun!



Please participate by purchasing patterns this month and share your purchases with the #mayisformakers hashtag on Instagram.

Are there any pattern designers you would recommend?  I would love to hear in the comments.

Comments

  1. I've been seeing this on IG and I'm in as well!! First pattern already purchased and already looking for my next ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I will check it out. I just picked up Trees! by Amanda Jean Nyberg. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out Highway 10 Designs - two lovely ladies from Manitoba - Tamarackshack.ca and Nightowlquilting.blogspot.ca Lugnuts and Detour are in my pattern stash

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment