FAL Q3 2016

FAL 2016

Quarter 2 of the 2016 FAL was a huge success for me - I finished 6 out the 7 projects on my list.  So I'm gonna keep going and sign-up for Q3!

This is my list for Q3:

1.  Weight of Love


This project was on my Q2 list, but I didn't make any progress on it at all.  So I'm rolling it over to this quarter and I am determined to finish it this time.

2 and 3.  Memory Quilts



I mentioned these quilts in my last post.  I have the two quilt tops complete so I need to piece the backings, baste, quilt and bind.  My deadline for these is July 23 so I really need to get going.

4.  Snowflake Shimmer QAL


This is a QAL hosted by Quilting JetGirl which started this month and the deadline for completing the quilt is October 7.  I really don't want to fall behind on this one so I'm putting it on the list.  I'll be using Kona White, Ash and Charcoal.

5.  State of Being


This is the June MQG Quilt of the Month designed by Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs.  I've got all my fabrics cut up - I'm using Kona Ash, Persimmon and Jamaica Blue.  I'm super excited about this one and I'm hoping to get this one done by September 30.  So on the list it goes!

6.  Mighty Lucky Club Challenge for July



I really want to get this challenge done - I had to skip April and May and barely completed the June challenge.  I chose a really cool yellow print for my challenge, I cut all my pieces so now need to sew them together, quilt and bind it.

7.  Broken Frames for Christmas


During the May is for Makers campaign, I purchased a bunch of patterns and I'm determined to use them all before I purchase any more.  For Broken Frames, I'm using two charm packs of Cherry Christmas designed by Aneela Hoey, along with some Kona Red and White.

8.  Heading South


This is another pattern I purchased in May and I plan on using my scraps for this one along with some Kona Charcoal for the background.

9.  Urban Chained


Yet another pattern purchased during the May is for Makers campaign.  This one involved curves and it scares the crap out of me!  I chose a bunch of blue fat quarters from my stash for this one with some Kona Cloud for the background and Kona Nautical for the binding.


My list for Q3 is substantially more ambitious than my Q2 list but I've got some vacation time coming up and hoping to get lots of sewing time.

I'll be linking up my list with the wonderful ladies of the FAL group of hosts:

Comments

  1. What a great list. Hope it's a great quarter for you! Right now, I'm looking forward to your Mighty Lucky challenge with that fun fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, can't wait to see how you do with the curves and the blue fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back on behalf of the FAL team - we're so pleased you are sewing along with us! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment