Shannon's pattern provides instructions for 3 sizes: baby, throw and double. Like I said, I needed a baby quilt so went with the 40" x 40" version for mine.
I chose fat quarters from my stash in tones of pink, purple, blue and green. The background is Kona White. The binding is a scrappy bunch of leftover strips from other quilts in pink and a tiny bit of green.
The backing is a fabric I've had for a very long time - some tiny purple dots on a white background. I love it when I have the perfect fabric in my stash for the backing!
I quilted it with a big meander with 50 wt white Aurifil thread.
Shannon is publishing the pattern for Winter Star the week of November 21. I highly recommend it. She did a fabulous job with the instructions and the illustrations make things super easy to follow, even for a novice quilter.
- Pattern: Winter Star by Shannon Fraser of s/f Designs
- Size: 40" square (baby quilt size)
- Fabrics: 8 fat quarters entirely from stash and Kona White for the background
- Thread: Pieced and quilted with Aurifil 50 wt #2021
- Recipient: Mylene for her first baby
Will be linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday.