A cover for my Quilter's Planner

For Christmas, I bought myself a Quilter's Planner. I typically use an electronic planner for work and I was starting to also plan my quilting projects and blog posts in there, but having everything I need for a quilt project in one place just made sense to me, so I went ahead and ordered the Planner.

And boy am I glad I did! I'm literally in love with my Planner...

So much so that I decided to make a cover for it.  I found the free pattern on the Quilter's Planner website (the pattern is based on a design by Amanda Kattner from What the Bobbin).




I used black and white fat quarters from my stash and decided to go with a purple zipper for a little bit of contrast and fun.

And that zipper pouch is perfect for holding pens, small rulers, whatever!

It even has a little pocket for business cards on one of the panels.


I haven't had a lot of time to sew this week so I'm really happy with this little finish.  To celebrate, I will link up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Devoted Quilter for TGIFF.



Comments

  1. Looks great! Love that pink zipper with black and white!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, Anja and I posted almost at the same time. I said pink, maybe it is purple! Oh well, it's cute whatever color!

      Delete
  2. Very nice! I'm using the cover I made last year just cuz I like it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't the planner the best?!! I'm so happy to see you decided to take the plunge - it was a little pricey with the international shipping, but it's bringing me so much joy. All in all, totally worth the splurge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those black and white prints are beautiful and the purple zipper adds real pizzazz! I love my Quilter's Planner too :) Thanks for linking with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that you took the time to make a cover for your planner!! I considered making one for mine, but convinced myself that I didn't have time. :o((

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea for your planner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. visiting from crazy mum quilts. I love that pop of purple in the zip

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cover! That is definitely on my list of makes this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cover is so cute! I really like that black and white flower fabric with the bright zipper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty fabric and cover! I'm impressed by the zipper insert. If you can do that, you'll be a wiz at installing zippers in skirts and dresses!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment