2018 FAL Q1 Finishes and Q2 List

Now that Q2 of the 2018 FAL has officially started (you can link up your proposed list of finishes here), I thought it would be a good idea to look back at Q1 and plan for Q2.

I was pretty successful with my Q1 list, completing 6 out of 7 projects.


Top row:

Bottom row:
For Q2, the list is a little more ambitious - not sure why, I'm not expecting to have much more time for sewing this quarter, but I wasn't sure what to put on the list, so decided to go with everything!

1. Perspective (Quilt pattern by Quilting Jet Girl) - The top is done and I plan on preparing a back this week. Then quilting is set to begin over the weekend.


2. Pink Lemonade (Quilt pattern by SF Designs) - I pulled my blue and my orange scraps for this one and plan on making the lap size quilt (the twin size if I have enough scraps).

3. Canvas (Quilt pattern by She Can Quilt) - Another top that's finished and waiting for a back and quilting. This one is big - I made the queen size which measures 80" x 80".


4. Albers Mini #2 - This one is the 2nd in the Albers Inspired series I decided to make. You can read about the 1st mini here. I have my design chosen, my fabrics pulled and I started sewing the top. I should have no problem finishing this one before June 30.

5. Layered Diamonds (Quilt pattern by Yvonne Fuchs for Quilt Theory) - I pulled a stack of low volume, neutral fat quarters for the background and plan on using scraps for the coloured squares.


6. Baker Street Bag (Free bag pattern and video tutorial by Sew Sweetness) - With the success of my Aeroplane Bag still fresh in my mind, I really want to make another one. This one has a recessed zipper which I've never done but other than that, it looks pretty easy. I'm planning on using this gorgeous Art Gallery fabric for my bag.


7. Rick Rack Runner (From the book Modern Plus Sign Quilts) - I participated in the blog hop when Cheryl and Paige launched this book and there are a number of quilts I want to make in that book. This will be the 2nd (I completed Row Addition during the blog hop last month). I will be using mini charms for this project so it'll be nice and scrappy.


8. Promise Ring Backpacks (Bag pattern by Sew Sweetness) - I decided to make backpacks for my grand-daughter Madison and her step-father's little girl Ava. These bags will be useful when we open up the summer cottage again and both girls come over for the weekend. I found the perfect fabric for these and I already ordered the notions and hardware I'll need.


9. Rustic Quilt (Pattern from the book Southwest Modern) - I purchased this book about a month ago and there are a number of quilts in there that are now on my To Make List. First up is Rustic.


10. Cleo Skirt (pattern by Made by Rae) - I'm still working on figuring out how to make myself a top that fits but then I saw this pattern and thought a skirt might be a nice change. I purchased a beautiful Art Gallery print for it and can't wait to get started.


And that's it - an even 10 projects. Let's see how that goes!

Comments

  1. You have so many great projects planned and it's going to be fun to see them progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots to choose from! Good luck for a successful quarter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great projects on your Q2 list! I am excited to see you progress on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list, Izzy! There are several projects on here that I would love to make too. I've been eyeing the Southwest Modern book for awhile now and this just might be the push I need to take the plunge ;) Good luck and I can't wait to see your Pink Lemonade quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great list. Guess I need to figure out what I'm going to accomplish this quarter. Here's to success for the both of us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment